Greg Wright represents individuals and businesses in state and federal courts throughout the country. His practice focuses on complex class actions and commercial litigation, with emphasis in the areas of antitrust, consumer protection, oil & gas royalty rights, shareholder derivative actions, merger litigation, and business and commercial disputes. Greg has been appointed class counsel in several class action cases and played leadership roles in national multi-district litigation. He also has extensive experience handling product liability, wrongful death, and catastrophic injury cases.
Greg has been recognized as an outstanding trial lawyer on several occasions. In 2006, he received the Thomas E. Sullivan Award presented by the Kansas Trial Lawyers Association to “a talented young trial lawyer” whose “promising litigation career has brought credit and respect to himself and his profession.” Greg’s peers have selected him for inclusion in the listing of Kansas & Missouri Super Lawyers. He is listed as one of the top 100 trial lawyers in Kansas by The National Trial Lawyers. And the Litigation Counsel of America has named Greg as a Fellow of the invitation-only trial lawyer organization representing less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers.
Greg is licensed to practice in Kansas and Missouri, as well as the United States District Court of Kansas, Colorado, W.D. of Missouri, W.D. of Oklahoma, W.D. of Texas, E.D. of Texas, and the United States Circuit Courts of Appeal, Eighth and Tenth Circuits. He is a member of the Kansas and Missouri Bar Associations, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Johnson County (Kansas) Bar Association, Kansas Trial Lawyers Association, American Association of Justice, and Earl E. O’Connor American Inn of Court.
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Consumer Protection Class Actions
- Shareholder Derivative Actions
- Merger Litigation
- Oil and Gas Royalty Litigation
- False Claims Act Claims
- Wrongful Death
- Catastrophic Injury
- Product Liability
Notable Recent Cases
- In re EpiPen Marketing, Sales Practice & Antitrust Litigation (MDL No. 2785), No. 17-MD-2785-DDC (D. Kan.). Representing consumers and third-party payors in nationwide class action alleging pharmaceutical companies Mylan N.V. (now Viatris, Inc.) and Pfizer, Inc. engaged in anticompetitive and unfair business conduct in marketing and selling the EpiPen. The case was successfully settled for $609 million.
- In re Blue Cross Blue Shield Antitrust Litigation (MDL No. 2406), No. 13-CV-20000-RDP (N.D. Ala.). Represent Kansas and nationwide Blue Cross/Blue Shield subscribers in class action challenging agreements between the 36 Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance companies to not compete with each other for health insurance customers. On August 9, 2022, the Court granted final approval of a settlement resolving the subscribers’ claims for $2.67 billion and systemic injunctive relief that changes how the Blue Cross/Blue Shield companies compete for customers. Approval of the settlement is on appeal.
- In re Anadarko Basin Oil & Gas Lease Antitrust Litigation, No. CIV-16-0209-HE (W.D. Okla.). Represented class of mineral owners in the Anadarko Basin against Chesapeake Energy Corp. and SandRidge Energy, Inc. regarding claims that they unlawfully conspired to fix or set prices for lease bonuses. The case successfully resulted in a high seven-figure settlement for the class of mineral owners.
- Fitzgerald v. Lime Rock Resources II-A, L.P., No. CJ-2017-31 (Okla. Dist. Ct., Texas Co.). Represented Oklahoma natural gas royalty owners in class action for underpayment of royalty. The case resulted in a seven-figure settlement for the royalty owners.
- Represented whistleblower client in an action against Citibank (South Dakota), N.A., under California’s false claims act for its practice of sweeping funds from dormant credit card accounts into Citibank’s own general ledger, resulting in a successful settlement of refunds and damages totaling $18 million.
- Some of Greg’s other notable cases include: In re Pre-Filled Propane Tank Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation (MDL No. 2086), No. 09-MD-2086 (W.D. Mo.); In re Medtronic Sprint Fidelis Leads Products Liability Litigation (MDL No. 1905), No. 08-MD-1905 (D. Minn.); In re Guidant Corp. Implantable Defibrillators Products Liability Litigation (MDL No. 1708), No. 05-MD-1708 (D. Minn.); Nash, et al. v. K.C. Hopps, Ltd., et al., No. 03-DV-566 (Kan. Dist. Ct., Johnson Co.); Garrison v. Berman & Rabin, P.A., et al., No. 02-2592 (D. Kan.).
- Other notable case rulings: Means v. Dietrich, et al., No. 14-4056-JTM, 2015 WL 1057833 (D. Kan. Mar. 9, 2015); Jenkins-Dyer v. Drayton, et al., No. 13-2489-JAR, 2014 WL 5307851 (D. Kan., Oct. 16, 2014); Elwell v. Byers, 699 F.3d 1208 (10th Cir. 2012); Essex v. Kobach, 874 F.Supp.2d 1069 (D. Kan. 2012); Williams v. Lakin, No. 06-0515-CVE, 2008 WL 1990473 (N.D. Okla., May 2, 2008); Williams v. Lakin, No. 06-0515-CVE, 2007 WL 2114649 (N.D. Okla., July 20, 2007); Malik v. Amini’s Billiard & Bar Stools, Inc., 454 F.Supp.2d 1106 (D. Kan. 2006); Stafford v. Jankowski, et al., 338 F.Supp.2d 1225 (D. Kan. 2004); Stafford v. Crane, 382 F.3d 1175 (10th Cir. 2004).
- U.S. District Court of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association
- American Association of Justice
- Kansas Trial Lawyers Associaiton
- Earl E. O’Connor American Inn of Court
- Best Lawyers in America® – Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Plaintiffs (2023)
- Team member for the AAI Antitrust Enforcement Awards 2022. Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement in Private Law Practice for work In re EpiPen Marketing, Sales Practices and Antitrust Litigation.