Scott represents individuals and businesses in consumer protection, antitrust, and oil and gas actions, often against some of the largest companies in the country. He has been appointed as counsel for contested and settlement classes in both state and federal court. In addition to his class action practice, Scott advises small businesses facing litigation.
Nakamura v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., No. 17-4029 (D. Kan. 2019) (alleged Wells Fargo unlawfully repossessed active-duty service members’ vehicles; class settlement paid more than $5 million to hundreds of affected members).
Cooper Clark Foundation v. Oxy USA, Inc., No. 2016-CV-000039 (Grant County., Kan. 2021) (alleged Oxy underpaid royalties on gas production; class certified and upheld on appeal; $7.5 million class settlement obtained).
- U.S. District Court – District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals – Tenth Circuit
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Speaker, A Primer On Class Certification Under Rule 23, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, June 30, 2022.